DOWNLOAD THE JOG-A-THON DONATION SHEET–> donation-sheet-jog-a-thon-2017
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the Jog-A-Thon?
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
When does my child run?
- Third Grade–Fifth Grade Jog: 8:30am to 9:30am
- Kindergarten–Second Grade Jog: 10:15am to 11:15am
Does my child get anything for participating?
- Each student who runs will receive an official race bib and a water bottle donated by Soccer Shots.
- Students who participate may also receive these: Trophies and/or prizes for those who run the most laps, and those who raise the most money.
- One classroom from Kindergarten–2nd Grade and 1 classroom from 3rd Grade –5th Grade will win a Popsicle party for the most money raised.
- Classrooms that have a 100% participation in raising money will receive a special reward – students need to check with their teacher to see what is planned.
- Any student who raises at least $45 will receive a cool Jog-a-Thon T-shirt (be sure to select your size on the donation form).
- If the school reaches our goal of $20,000 raised, Principal Patton will provide an extended recess!
How does my student get donations?
- Ask family, friends and neighbors. There is a script on the donation form for students to use.
- It is recommend that a lump sum be asked for and not a per lap donation, in order to allow students to turn in their funds the day of the Jog-a-Thon.
- Make sure you CLEARLY PRINT your student’s name and room number on the donation form
- If you raised over $45 CIRCLE the desired shirt size on the donation form
- Employee Match programs are a great way to help your child raise funds.Reach out to your employer’s HR department to find out whether they offer such a program, and to learn how to participate.
Is my student required to raise money?
- No. Students may still participate in the Jog-a-Thon even if they don’t raise money, will still receive a race bib and water bottle, and can qualify to win non-cash awards (e.g. for most laps run), such as certificates, medals, and/or trophies. However, please note that cash prizes are only awarded to top-earning students (those who bring in the most money towards this fundraising effort).
When does the money my student raised need to be turned in?
- To be eligible for prizes, money needs to be turned in by the day of the Jog-a-Thon, Wednesday, February 1, 2017. However, money will be accepted until the end of February.
Who should the check be made out to?
- Benchley Weinberger Foundation or BW Foundation
Do you accept credit cards?
- Yes, please contact the Benchley Weinberger Foundation Treasurer Jacki Eidson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-287-1440
How do I volunteer?
- We’re so glad you asked! We welcome, encourage, and would greatly appreciate volunteer help for this event! If you would like to volunteer, please contact assistant co-chairs Laura Myhovich at Laura4244@gmail.com, 619-415-3011, or Julie Sachs at J.Sachs@cox.net, 619-964-1964
I have a prize to donate,who do I contact?
- Beth Rolls Mathewson at email@example.com,619-733-5339
What is the TAX ID I use for my tax deduction?
- TAX ID NO. 33-0557725
Thank you for your support and encouragement!
Additional Questions? Contact BW Foundation board member and Jog-A-Thon Chair Lisa Hurst, Lisa.Hurst@gmail.com 619-72-1580